- Anchuruli is a tourist destination in Idukki district, famous for a 4-kilometer long circular tunnel, carrying water from Erattayar dam to Idukki reservoir. Evergreen forests with wild animals and the picturesque catchment area of Idukki dam make Anchuruli a preferred destination for daring hikers.
- A 4-kilometer long tunnel carrying water to Idukki reservoir.
- Surrounding areas of evergreen forest with wild animals.
- Panoramic views of the catchment area of Idukki dam.
- Anchuruli River and waterfall.
- Tranquil and blissful surroundings.
Activities to Do
- Tunnel site visit.
- Adventure tunnel strolling during summer.
- Trekking (Forest department permission mandatory).
- River bath and fishing.
- Nature gazing.
- Nature and wildlife photography.
- Anchuruli lies in Kottayam – Kattapana route in Idukki District and is 3 kilometers away from Kanchiyar village along the way.
- By road. Bus and taxi service available.
Food and Accommodation
- Local shops available on the way with food and refreshments.
- Resorts, hotels and restaurants available at Kattappana (10 kilometers away from )
Permissions and Tickets
- Forest department permission mandatory for trekking.
- August to May is the best time period to visit Anchuruli. During summer season, tourists can go inside the tunnel with the assistance of expert guides.