Kakkadampoyil is a nice hamlet for nature lovers in the Kozhikode district of Kerala. Cool climate, dense forest and waterfalls make Kakkadampoyil a perfect hideout from your busy schedules.
- Cool climate and quite environment.
- Dense forest all around.
- Misty hill ranges and deep valleys.
- Kozhippara waterfalls nearby.
- Drive through forest winding roads and hairpin bends.
- Many plantations and farms en route.
- Crystal clear lakes with cold water.
Activities to Do
- Waterfall site visit.
- Bathing and swimming in streams.
- Camping and night bonfire.
- Kakkadanpoyil village is located 48 kilometers away from Calicut City and 24 kilometers away from Nilambur.
- Public transport and taxi service available.
Food and Accommodation
- Food availability is limited. Small snack bars available nearby.
- Resorts available nearby.
Permissions and Tickets
- Entry ticket needs to be purchased.
- Should leave the place by 6 p.m.
- Mondays are holidays.
- Best time to visit is September to March.
- Rocks are slippery.
- Its advisable to visit this place in groups.
- Drive carefully during monsoon.