- Malakkappara is a small hill station surrounded by tea estates and beautiful hills in Thrissur District of Kerala. A drive through forest roads past Athirappally and Vazhachal with a chance of sighting wild animals will make your Malakkappara trip splendid.
- Tea estate and tea factory.
- Coffee plantations.
- Forest area en route.
- Beautiful hills, winding roads and small waterfalls.
- Upper and lower Sholayar reservoirs.
- Serene Malakkappara village that is home to some rare and endangered species of flora and fauna.
- Wildlife; monkeys, elephants, etc.
Activities to Do
- Ride through winding jungle roads.
- Short treks through tea and coffee plantations.
- Malakkappara village visit.
- Sholayar Dam site visit.
- Malakkappara lies 80 kilometers away from Chalakudy, in the Kerala – Tamil Nadu border.
- Taxi and public transport available.
Food and Accommodation
- Restaurants, home stays, and stores selling natural products available nearby.
Permissions and Tickets
- All year round, especially September to December.
- Be aware of wild elephants.
- Drive carefully through narrow winding roads en route.
- Avoid traveling in the night.