- Marottichal Village has two beautiful waterfalls, Olakkayam and Ilanjippara, lying inside dense forest. A nice destination for a short trek and bath in clear, chilling waters.
- Two amazing waterfalls inside forest (Olakkayam and Ilanjippara).
- Dense forest and mountain view with abundance of flora and fauna.
- Rivulets with chilling crystal clear waters.
- Calm and clean environment.
- Village based atmosphere.
Activities to Do
- Olakkayam and Ilanjippara waterfall site visit and bath.
- Trekking through dense forest.
- Marottichal Village is 22 kilometers away from Thrissur. The first waterfall, Olakkayam, is about 1 kilometer far from Marottichal. The second waterfall, Ilanjippara, is approximately 4 kilometers away from Olakkayam.
- Public transport and taxi service available to Marottichal from Thrissur. From there, travellers need to trek up 4 kilometers through dense forest to visit both waterfalls.
Food and Accommodation
- Best place to stay near Marottichal is Thrissur.
- Travellers need to carry food and water along with them as no good hotels or shops are available nearby.
Permissions and Tickets
- Best season is between September and February, between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. Avoid summer season (March to May) as the waterfalls may be dry without water. Avoid monsoon (June-July) due to heavy rain and slippery rocks.
- Be careful while bathing and swimming in waterfalls.
- Please carry medical kit, food and water.
- Be careful while walking through slippery rocks.
- No authorized parking facility available.
- Be aware of wild elephants and leeches.
- Please go with a group.