Palakkayam Thattu is a picturesque hill station in Western Ghats at an altitude of 3500 feet above sea level. Rich bio-diversity, pleasant climate and beautiful hills and valleys around attract large number of tourists of this destination year-round.
- Picturesque location with hills and valleys.
- Panoramic view of Western Ghats.
- Rich bio-diversity.
- Several small waterfalls during rainy season.
- Cool breeze, fog and calm atmosphere.
Activities to Do
- Off-roading through hills and scenic valleys.
- Trekking and adventures.
- Nature-centric activities.
- Sunset view.
- Palakkayam Thattu lies in Kannur district and is located 56 kilometers from Kannur Town and 28 kilometers from Taliparamba.
- By road. Bus and taxi service available. Tourists can either trek uphill about 6 kilometers or hire a jeep to reach the top of Palakkayam Thattu.
Food and Accommodation
- Food and refreshments available at shops nearby.
- Toilet facility available.
- Accommodation available at Taliparamba.
Permissions and Tickets
- Entry ticket needs to be purchased for vehicles.
- Open from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- June to October (Monsoon)
- January to March