- Phantom Head or Phantom Kettu as locally called is a beautiful hill station in Munnar that lies 7000 plus feet above sea level. A place best suited for off-road trekking and photography and, of course, a hideout from your busy schedules.
- Hill station at 7000 plus feet above sea level.
- Beautiful mountains, valleys and meadows around.
- Beautiful view of dam across the Anaerangal Lake.
- Tea, cardamom and eucalyptus plantations on the way.
- View of Anaerangal Lake on one side and Meesapulimala on the other side.
- Off-road jeep ride possible till half way.
Activities to Do
- Off-road jeep ride and trekking.
- Nature and wildlife photography.
- Plantation visits.
- Nature-centric activities.
- Phantom Head is located 6 kilometers away from Anaerangal Camp, which is about 26 kilometers far from Munnar Town.
- Route: Munnar- Chinnakanal- Suryanelly- Munnar Catering College- Anaerangal Camp- Phantom Head
- By road. Buses are available up to Suryanelli Town. From Suryanelli, jeep service available to Anaerangal Camp. From Anaerangal Camp, jeeps can go halfway and then tourists need to trek up to Phantom Head hill top.
Food and Accommodation
- Available at Anaerangal Camp for groups (between 8 and 40 people).
- Hotels and resorts available at Chinnakanal and Suryanelly.
Permissions and Tickets
- October to March